Yellow Ribbon Run
Posted by Dennis Ng , Monday, September 7, 2009 10:33 AM
I thank God i am able to run the Yellow Ribbon run.. i tot i cannot run le when they told me that my name wasnt in the registration. Somehow Evon fall sick, and i run on her behalf. =p Sat night i went to her place to collect the tag.
heehee... i was overjoyed. Sunday morning i woke up at 530, prepared myself, wore my pinky running pants and the Nutri fore front T-shirt Alan gave me which i promise to help advertise his company. And i took a cab to changi village.
630 i was there le.. and many people gathered there... so many people sia... there is the 5km and the 10 km... to my surprise, there are many many ladies that run. Most people are slim, and smaller in build. Hardly any those body builders type ( Which i like to bio =P)
about 730.. i happen to see kaman! And she was like eh! You are here too! But she is going for 10km and me 5 km... hers starts 730 mine 8am. But she suggested to me why not just run sneak in and run 10km?? Nobody knows right?? Hee hee... GREAT IDEA! I sneak in and run the run with her and we chat along the way. Bit by bit we over take more and more people, though we are still kinda slow. I was pretty naughty, i went around disturbing those people playing the drums and cheer groups. haha... shout right in front of their face"AHHHHHHH!!" and run away! LOL.... so funny. The i took a drink at the water station drink and jog at the same time... once i finish drinking.. I run to one of the station guys, " Eh sorry ah, help me throw k? BYE" pass the empty can to him then i run away. =p so fun.
When we hit around 5km, Kaman finally saw her friends. We stop for awhile and took pictures. After that i told her i am going to run ahead le since she found her Ka Kis. =) I speed up and started over taking. I am aiming for the main group right in front of the race. I realize i am very ambitious person. Though i had very bad leg injuries. I wanted to be among the best. I slowly catch up by following the rhythm of the faster joggers, make them feel tired over take them then follow other faster ones. hee hee.. then along the way some ushers realize my tag was the 5 km run, then look at me with a doubtful look..." why the hell are you in the 10km run???" LOL.. i look at them.. then act like..." Oh is it?" kind of face and run away. Wahahaha...
When i reach 8 km i speed up to my max, i calculated around 5 rounds round the track, wondering if i can keep that speed. But i already cannot catch up with the fastest group of people. But i did manage to go at top speed, over took many and finish it! Despite slowing down for first 5km and taking photos i manage to clear the race within 55 mins for 10km.
My first run i finish after so many years!~~~~ Wahahaha.. i didnt even take 2.4 and 4.8 during sec and poly days due to my injury. I am so happy that i have done something well in my own standards and hard work. i really put in a lot of effort and hardwork lo!
Then i met up with PJ when she finish her Jog. heehee then we went for Bak But teh at Bugis together before heading home. CHEERSS!!!!
Post a Comment